Monday 18 April 2016

My Low Fat Banana And Blueberry Loaf



Well hello there and welcome to the re launch of my blog. I decided that I would start fresh as I have grown wise (well no really!) and realized that my previous blog wasn't at it's best. So I decided to scrap the old one and bring in something new that I know that you will all love. So in today's post I'm going to be sharing with you my low fat banana and blueberry loaf that I have made specially for if you need something or if you feel like being creative. Anyway, lets get into it!

I find that making (and eating) this recipe makes me feel happy and amazed at myself. Not only is this loaf tasty, but it is also low fat so you will not feel guilty about having it. Furthermore, please note, even though the recipe (and title) says that the loaf contains bananas and blueberry's don't feel as though you need to add the blueberry's in. I myself use to dislike blueberry's but since I started to get myself to find new recipes I have suddenly discovered that I now love them!  




The recipe below is for one loaf.

What You Will Need;
  • 1x Wooden Spoon
  • 1x Large Mixing Bowl
  • 1x Set Of Scales
  • 1x Set Of Measuring Spoons
  • 1x Fork (just to mash up the banana)
  • 1x Bowl Or Plate (to mash the bananas up in)

Ingredients;
  • 200g Self- Raising Flour
  • 140g Caster Sugar ( you can also use Canderel if you wish)
  • 1 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder (this will make the cake softer)
  • 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
  • 2 Egg Whites (having no yolks will lower the fat content)
  • 3 Bananas (Mashed)
  • 1 Tablespoon Of Golden Syrup for extra sweetness (this is optional)
  • 1 Massive handful of Blueberry's (or as much as you want)
Or instead of blueberry's you could add apple puree/ apple sauce, or a few handfuls of chocolate chips for extra sweetness!

Method;

  1.  Preheat your oven to 180°.
  2. Grease and line your loaf tin. Your loaf tin will need to be 20x10cm (8x4in.) 
  3.  In a large bowl combine the self raising flour, sugar, baking powder and the ground cinnamon.
  4. Add in the mashed banana and egg whites and combine.
  5. Next, when all the ,mixture has been mixed well together add as many blueberry's as you wish. (I added in one handful then stirred and then added another handful.) Again, this bit is optional, but feel free to add as much in as you like. 
  6. When everything has been mixed in place the mixture into a loaf tin and place in the oven for about 50 minutes.
Tip: When cooking the loaf if you find that the outside has cooked but the inside hasn't, turn down the temperature of the oven, this will allow the inside of the loaf to cook without burning the outside.


I think that this recipe would be perfect just for a snack, or for having a gather with friends with a big pot of tea!



I hope that you have enjoyed this creation, and will see you in my next post!




Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment