Sunday 8 May 2016

My Make Up Must Haves


So today, I wanted to talk about some of my favourite make up items that I have been seriously loving at the moment. These favourites range from eye products all the way to lip products and I can't wait to share with what they are and why I have been loving them.

So just a quick little story, I wandered into Boots with my Mum a couple of weeks ago and really wanted pick up some more Rimmel London nail polishes (which I raved about in a previous blog post) but because all of the make up in my Boots store is just staring at you as soon as you walk through the front door it was only right just to go have a look and maybe pick up a few (meaning a lot) of items and go buy them.

I did end up buying some more nail polishes but I also managed to get a few brand new make up items and end up making most of them my favourites.

So, my first favourite item is actually two lip crayons from Collection. The lip crayons I brought were the, 'Work The Colour Matt Lip Butter' in the colours, ' 01, Marshmallow Pink' and '02, Pumpkin Pie.'  And can I say these two  lip crayons are one of the best things I have ever owned. Not only are they an amazing price, but they work incredibly well. The colour is true to the name and it is so easy to apply. Normally with lipsticks, I have to be careful as sometimes I end up smudging it or end up making my lips 10 times bigger then they actually are! But with these it only takes seconds to apply and if you do go wrong it is so easy to wipe away and it doesn't leave any traces. Lastly, because these lip crayons are like a butter, they are so soothing and they don't dry your lips up at all.



My second favourite item is also a lip product and it is the Rimmel London lipstick in the shade '170, Alarm.' And yes t he shade of the lipstick is indeed red. I thought that I would be bold and try a new colour. Normally, when I have tried  applying red lipstick it has gone wrong and I end up with it all done my chin. However, like the Collection Work The Colour Matt Lip Butter it is super easy to apply and I find that the colour lasts a long time. Which is good thing for me! Anyway, this lipstick is bit more expensive then the Collection ones but since as it is a drugstore it is still a good price. Lastly, another good thing that is great about the Rimmel lipsticks is that they come in a wide range of colours so you wide range of choice if you are thinking about purchasing any.




My third favourite make up item is actually an eye product. This product is the Soap And Glory SuperCat eye liner. Before purchasing this product, I was not able to apply eye liner in any matter especially when it came to the cat eye look. However, because this eye liner resembles a felt tip it is very precise, and it easy to make the cat eye effect look neat and well polish. This eyeliner is also great for long wear use as the colour lasts a long time, and it takes a while for it to start to fade. Furthermore, again because it like a felt tip it is easy to grip and you don't have to worry about making any mess.



The last item I'm going to be talking still resembles make up, but instead of a product, it is just simply make up brushes. It probably won't come as a shock that these brushes are my favourite as they are used by many others, and they are very highly rated. These brushes are Real Technique. And can I say they are absolutely amazing! Not only do they look fantastic, but they are so soft, and it makes apply make up so much easier. I rarely wear foundation like I explained in my other blog post. I manly wear a BB cream, but I use concealer just under my eyes to cover my dark circles, or anywhere were I may have imperfections. But especially the Concealer brush it makes is soft easy to blend the product and it makes it look as though you have nothing on your face.






Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment