Sunday 22 May 2016

Cookielicious


So, the other day I was in the mood for baking (like I' am everyday!) and thought that I would recreate the Tanya Burr chocolate cookie recipe like I have already done at least hundred times!

As someone who bakes at least four times a week, I have to make sure that I always include these cookies as  they are amazing and  get absolutely demolished within the first 20 minutes of them being ready!

Furthermore, since I have baked these cookies lots and lots of times before, I have discovered different ways of making them absolutely amazing every time without the worry of if they are going to turn out wrong!

So let's get onto the best part, THE COOKIES!

Let's do it!

Difficulty: So easy
Prep Time; 10 minutes
Cooking Time; 6- 7 minutes

You Will Need;

200g Butter (I use margarine!)
300g Caster Sugar
1 Egg
1 Tbsp Golden Syrup (This is optional but this makes the cookies much softer and much more gooey!)
275g Self- Raising Flour
75g Cocoa Powder
Whatever chocolate you want to add. As I like my to make cookies smaller in order to get more out of each mixture, I like use to chocolate chips instead

Method;

1) Pre heat your oven to 180 (I put my oven on 180 rather than 200 so that they are softer and have less chance of burning) and line your a baking tray with parchment paper.

2) Mix the butter and sugar together in a mixing so that it is soft, creamy and much paler in colour. If your butter/ margarine has just come out of the fridge then you can heat it up (once it's been measured in the mixing bowl) in the microwave for ten seconds on it's lowest heat setting!

2) Crack in your egg and combine until it has been fully incorporated. And then add in the golden syrup!

3) Next, stir in the flour bit by bit until it it fully combined, and then mix in the cocoa powder.

4) Lastly, add in the chocolate chips, or whatever chocolate you like. And then pick up bits of the mixture and roll them into a ball. Once on the baking tray squish each cookie dough ball down slightly and then place into the oven.

Tip; Only put four cookies on each tray ( at the most!) as they will spread and you will end up with one giant cookie!



Also, I recently posted a blog post on my top two favourite bakes which featured my recreation on the white chocolate cookies that can be seen above, so feel free to have a look at it here!

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment