Sunday 15 May 2016

Easy Flapjacks



When it comes to cooking there is always something that my family requests for me to bake, and that is flapjacks. Not only do these taste delicious but they also go well with every occasion either that being around with friends, or just having an outing and you feel like you would just like to take something with you that will give you extra energy, or if you are feeling a little bit peckish.

And all I can say is that these flapjacks are absolutely amazing. They are so lovely and gooey that they just fall apart when you hold them. (So, just make sure you are using a plate when you eat these.)

One thing that  I would like to say about this recipe is that it isn't mine. I feel as though a flapjack has to be perfect, and since I'm not a baking wizard, I just like to do it for fun. I feel as though this recipe is the best way to get the most amazing flapjacks that you know everybody will love. (And trust me they will!)
So, the recipe I'm using is from the book, 'Step-By-Step Baking' by Caroline Bretherton.

Anyway, so let's get onto the recipe;

Makes; 16-20 squares, it d epends how you cut them!
Prep Time; 15 minutes
Cook Time; 40 minutes


You Will Need;
225g butter - (I use margarine)
225g light soft brown sugar
2 tbsp golden syrup
350g rolled oats

1) Preheat the the oven to 150, and lightly grease a 25cm (10 inch) cake tin with butter and cover with baking parchment.

2) Put the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a large saucepan and place over a low heat. Make sure the heat is low and you stir the mixture constantly so you don't burn the any of the ingredients to the pan.

3) Remove the pan of the heat, and stir in the oats being careful not to over mix.

4) Spoon the mixture into the cake tin and press firmly down with a metal spoon to make a even layer.

5) Bake the flapjack for 40 minutes or until it's golden brown. Because of my tin my flapjack only took 30 minutes.

6) Leave to cool for ten minutes and then either cut the mixture in 16 squares, or 20 rectangles.


After baking these so many times, and hearing such good feedback from them I think that they are one of my most favourites things to bake!

If you would like to see what my other favourite bakes are you can click here.



Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment